Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm getting labeled emo?

i'm not feminine. i don't wear tight pants. i listen to 80s hardcore and a few modern groups. the closest thing to emo i listen to is Rise Against and Sum 41. i hate fall out boy and hawthorne heights with a passion. i hate the world, but i don't cut myself. i hate stereo types. i have a baritone voice. i don't die my hair. i don't have any band T-shirts. i wear generic clothes so my parents can afford satellite TV and T1 internet. i have excellent eyesight. i go to a private school. i can't stand girls who do much more than put their hair up. i never have any spending money. i can play basketball and soccer. why the hell are people labeling me?



I'm getting labeled emo?

Once again, Jim is right. Emo was once hard core punk. I remember in the mid 80s, Emo was emerging out of California, I was on tour at the time with Jelly Jam Jar Johnson. It was new and exciting, I was playing blues, but I really like the punk scene, I was very young at the time, hell, I still like classic punk. But that's not all I listen to, a good musician is like a sponge, soaking up all kinds of styles and borrowing what you like from each. I've been asked on many occasions, by teeny boppers, if I am Emo because I have an image I maintain, I always wear a black pin striped suit, black shirt and red tie, sun glasses and black fedora, but I've had this look since I started playing professionally (ten years old), and it comes from the classic blues man image, but I've always liked red, and Chuck Taylors have always been the official shoe of rock and roll, so that's where that came from. I think the problem is the media, MTV, and all that crap, makes kids associate anything remotely punk to Emo, it's the in thing right now. The best way to stop it is to educate. Don't get angry, they don't know any better, just point them in the right direction.



As far as your leftist veiws, look at the people Jesus was hanging out with. Look at what he did, I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't be a republican.



I'm getting labeled emo?

i get called emo all the time.. just ignore the ******* that call u that.. there just labelers... everyone in the world should get along from african americans to whites.



I'm getting labeled emo?

they label you for good reason. you are a complaining little



*****. stop worrying what people call you and grow up.



I'm getting labeled emo?

You have emotions that your peers may lack.



Do not think it is at all bad to have feelings - they define you. Yo ignore your feelings is to deny that you are you!



Embrace them - it took millions of years just to make you, think how much love-making was necessary to make you then be happy you have the chance to be on this Earth.



I'm getting labeled emo?

Seriously, who cares what people label you? Be yourself, and that's good enough.



I'm getting labeled emo?

maybe because its the band. do u sing angry emo-ish lyrics?



I'm getting labeled emo?

Because they have nothing better to do than take out their own insecurities out on you. if you show them it gets to you, It just makes it worse. Ignore them. easier said than done I know, but if you show it's getting to you, it will get a whole lot worse.



Good luck. remember, not everyone is as shallow as them A*seholes so always remember you have friends out there who DO care



I'm getting labeled emo?

probably because your are NEGATIVE and most people don't understand the difference between emo, punk, screamo, and other counterculture music



I'm getting labeled emo?

You are the one who seems to be stereotyping you hypocrite. People judge people, that is the way the world is so get over it already. Did you honestly think you would go trough life with out someone judging you? That is just unrealistic. People have labeled me Emo even though I'm not but I don't complain about it. I honestly don't care what others think about me. You need to get over it and grow up. Besides what does private school or your religion etc. have anything to do with being emo. Your an ignorant bigot.



I'm getting labeled emo?

because heaven forbid you don't fit into their tiny labeled worlds, they feel the need to put you somewhere. hence the dreaded label "emo". screw them, just be you



I'm getting labeled emo?

I am not sure what emo is...not sure it really matters. People love to throw labels on people...Doesn't really matter what it is...probably started with one person...if you reacted at all, you were open game...because that is what it really is about...the reaction that can be achieved...then the friends get in on it...and voila...there it is...It could be purple people eater...When my daughter was in high school...one boy called her frog eyes...well that was all it took, then all the friends got in on it...I do know one thing, the faster you agree with it, the faster it deflates....isn't fun anymore...Just say, sure man....ok...if you say so...shrug your shoulders and laugh...(being very cool and uneffected)...



I'm getting labeled emo?

People are going to label people. That does not mean that the label is accurate. Usually, the label reveals more about how the labeler feels about themselves than about who they are judging.



The only thing that matters is how you see yourself. If you are honest with yourself and still growing and learning, who cares what other people think. Let them keep themselves busy labeling. You just keep yourself busy growing.



One of my favorite quotes is this:



"People who judge don't matter. People who matter don't judge."



I'm getting labeled emo?

I kow an emo when i see one. Whats an emo? is it a fish like nemo? Thats funny, u answered my question whilst i was answering urs.



I'm getting labeled emo?

I get labeled emo.



Lost of people dont really know what emo is and if you have a great passion for hardcore music, they call you emo. No worries enjoy life.



I'm getting labeled emo?

Because that's what people do. They label you. People are always trying to find a way to put other people in a box, and from the sounds of it, you don't fit in any category that television, books, and magazines are trying to tell all of us that you should fit into.



Image is everything on this planet and being categorized is what the human race does, but don't worry. I also have this particular problem. I don't fit the image of who I'm supposed to be by my race, and society閳ユ獨 standards.



Example:



I'm an African American male



I love Audrey Hepburn.



I love painting pictures



I sing silly love songs in the shower.



I watch old romantic movies and cry, or at least get misty eyed.



I love science fiction.



I love science and do it for a living.



I read fashion magazines.



I read books



I love rock, and I love female singers more than males.



I like ABBA and the London Symphony Orchestra



Whenever I'm with a woman I treat her like the queen she is.



I don't do drugs



I love hugs.



I can't dance at all.



I'm not cool at all



I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wrong



I hate watching sports, but I do like watching ice skating.



I love sunsets, and long walks on the beach.



I love writing poetry.



I閳ユ獡 a total liberal.



I believe that people come first.



None of these things I mention fits in society閳ユ獨 idea of 'The Black man" and the same goes for you, you don閳ユ獩 fit, and society is going to harass you until you fit into one of the roles that society has seen fit to provide for you.



Most Black people when seeing this list of things that I like to do will most likely, and almost immediately see me as a loser, or a punk, or weak, or white-washed. This is the price I pay for being who I am, and I suspect you are paying a similar price.



Stay true to who you are and don閳ユ獩 let the bastards drag you down.



I'm getting labeled emo?

Labels are for soup cans, and you don't look like a soup can to me. You are who you are, and that is who you will be, no matter what people may like to call you. Chin up.



I'm getting labeled emo?

People call me emo all the time...and sometimes it really gets on my nerves and hurts...they treat me like I'm not a human like them....but I just ignore them.....I dunno what their problem is.....they have nothing better to do with their time so they label people....they're just retards.....plus, what if I am "emo"...supposedly I dress "emo"...but I don't cut myself..and I listen to emo music...but, so what!



sry...I hope they stop!



閳?br>I'm getting labeled emo?



You know, what passes for Emo these days isn't Emo. Emo used to be a genre of hard core punk, but in the last five years, some assholes at a big label decided to change that.



I'm getting labeled emo?

Listen to Bill! He very smrt man. Good guitar player too.

No comments:

Post a Comment