Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Male pattern baldness at 14?

Since the age of 14, I have had very thin hair on the top of my head and I am now 16. My hair has not changed at all since then, it has just remained in that awful state.



The hair on my sides are also quite thin, with the sides all around my head having thick hair. The top of my head had thin hair, except for the front which has a band of very thick hair.



My dad lost his hair at 30 and my uncle at 20, while no one on my mums side has lost no hair what so ever. My mums dad who is over 60 has a full head of hair.



I am seeing a dermotologist on tuesday and I am certain that she will say it is male pattern baldness.



What can I take to slow it down at my age?



Thank you in advance!



Male pattern baldness at 14?

I don't know of anything that will slow down male pattern baldness. There are a lot of creams, shampoos, etc., that claim to slow it down but I haven't noticed that they've done much good. (My husband is going bald and is beautiful)



Going bald at your age is a bit young. Have you gone to the doctor (not the dermatologist) about this? It might not be out of place to have a blood test done to test your thyroid levels. My Mom has a slow thyroid and her hair started to thin but now that she's taking her medication, it is growing back as thick and beautiful as ever.



Stuff like Rogain will work but the benefits stop the moment you stop using it.



Good luck to you! Just remember that there are loads of men who were bald and sexy. Bruce Willis, Yul Brenner, Sean Connery, the list goes on.



Male pattern baldness at 14?

You're still in your puberty stage. You're not finished developing so it will stop when puberty ends...or should.

No comments:

Post a Comment