Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Band Aids on the ground....?

Hi guys, have a quick question for you. I was walking outside and I noticed a band aid on the ground, after I stepped on it that is. The band aid touched the pant leg of my jans, as they were hanging off the heals of my shoes. Later, when I was bending down, the same pant leg same into contact with my hair. Is it possible that if any blood got on my pants for it to have been transfered to my hair? Let's say the band aid had HIV on it, can simply washing my hait kill any virsus, or do I need to cut that part of my hair out? Please let me know, I am freaking out...



Thanks



Band Aids on the ground....?

HIV is a bloodborne pathogen. Just like Hepatitis and TB.. it needs a host to survive. It has to basically come, in blood (like microscopic particles of blood in saliva or other body fluids) directly from the infected person and come into contact with an open wound or mucus membrane of the other person in order to infect them. And even then, it is not a 100% infection rate. So, relax. You are perfectly safe. The bandaid was almost impossible to have any live contaminents on it. And you can't catch anything from a contaminent contacting your hair. You're okay.



Band Aids on the ground....?

The AIDS virus can't live outside the body more than a few minutes. It can also be washed away with regular soap.



Band Aids on the ground....?

woa the bandaid went from the ground, to the jeans to the hand to the hair? i think your ok



the only way to get aids would be if the bandaid came into contact with bodily fluids like salive or an open wound, so unlessed you re used that bandaid or licked it, your ok. so dont even worrie about it.



Band Aids on the ground....?

well i dont think you can get HIV from getting HIV positve blood in your hair. you can only get HIV if HIV positive blood gets into an open cut, wound or sore. I hope this helps



Band Aids on the ground....?

LOL! You're overreacting. You really think you can get HIV so easily? In health class they tell you that it can't survive outside of the body, and it would have to have contact with an open cut. And chances are, the bandaid probably doesn't HIV. But that doesn't mean you should play with used bandaids. ;-) You're fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment